Here are some lessons I've learned along the way...
1. It’s important to have a clear vision of where you're headed. That may change over time but the clarity will help with the doubts come.
2. We need to expand our tolerance for joy. We’ve been taught to bond over bitching, and it’s way more badass to bond over brilliance and joy.
3. Boundaries aren’t easy at first. In fact they’re effing hard. But through each fumble, refinement happens and they get easier.
4. We need to embrace that learning is lifelong. Commit to a lifetime of learning and being the best student you can be.
5. The more you look for evidence of sweetness the more of it you see. Miracles are everywhere!
6. Heartbreak and disappointment are inevitable. Trying to guard against pain only keeps the goodness at arms length too.
7. Slowing down, journaling, connection and re-connection are by far the greatest tools in my own personal toolkit. I try to teach them to all of my clients too!
8. Great love requires great risk. Trying to eradicate the risk only ensures you never take the steps towards love.
9. Risk leads us to our edges and our edges invite us into our becoming. Our becoming is a gift for the world.
10. Pain and heartbreak break you open. This expands the capacity to love more deeply and in a much healthier way - every single time!
11. Laughter is my souls food.
12. Feeling your feelings is necessary for healthy relationships.
13. Having a sisterhood filled with commonalities and connection is absolutely everything you need beyond meeting your basic needs. Everything after that is gravy. But you NEED sisterhood.
14. Healing is complicated. It comes is waves and layers and will be some of the biggest surprises in your day.
15. Boundaries are my lighthouses but they must be tended to in order for the light to stay on. Tend to your boundaries, people!
What are some of the key, guiding lessons you have learned?